Any College Student

Friday, May 13, 2005

Mr. Paranoia

On my last day of classes, we were presenting our independent papers to the class, and as we got around to the last person presenting, she said "I'm sorry if this is incoherent or anything, but I'm sick." and then went on to explain that health services thought she might have strep. Well, upon hearing this, one of my classmates who was sitting next to her, we'll call him Mr. Paranoia, immediately moved away from her into the empty chair next to her. The class laughed, and I expected him to move back to his original place, or at least to laugh or make some gesture signifying that he understood the humor in his move. No. He stayed there and looked at the sick girl as if she was about to smear strep throat germs into his soul. The most amusing part to me was that he had already been sitting next to her for over an hour. I think if sitting next to her would ruin his health, the damage was already done.

4 Comments:

  • You're wrong. Germs can attack you at anytime... or never. I once sat next to a kid who had the chicken pox, I never got them. I once cleaned up feces infect with e. coli, I never was sicker.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 1:18 AM  

  • I don't think moving ONE seat away would save him. Also my point was that he'd been sitting there the whole class. Pay attention

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 4:21 PM  

  • Listen here Lynd 12. He's got AIDS, strep throat is what will kill him. Be nice. Was it Greg?

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 9:45 PM  

  • No, I LOOK like a monkey. God, get it right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home