Any College Student

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I didn't do it, it was the dress!

So... I went to the Spring Formal. It was very cold outside. I considered not going, but realized that it wasn't a possibility to try that because I had asked my mom to ship me the dress I was going to wear, all the way from the west coast. So imagine how great that would make her feel: "How was the dance?" "Oh, I didn't go. It was a little cold outside."

So I went, and I danced the night away in my west coast dress. You know all those people who can be at a dance or a party and just run from one group of people to the next and dance with anyone they want, and you can't dance with them for more than one song because they have places to be, dammit? Well I fantasized about being one of those people, until I realized that I wasn't drunk and didn't know enough people in the room to try that out. At one point all the people I was with went outside and I had no idea what to do other than go sit down.

After the dance, we went to an "after party". Sounds amazing, right? Well when we got there, what was happening but - lo and behold - more dancing.

This morning I wake up not with a hangover in the regular sense, but a shoe hangover. I had forgotten how much women are willing to do for a cute outfit.

2 Comments:

  • I bet you looked very nice, too bad we couldn't see a picture but I guess that would blow the whole being careful with your identity thing. Anyway, guess we'll settle for a "quarter loaf" and be happy with the pretty shoe. Is that what you wore or was it a different style?

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 2:04 PM  

  • That was *the* shoe. Except white, not gray. And I should've done this but I was going to take pictures of my feet because the next day there were definite scabs on my feet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home