Any College Student

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Not that I'm lucky in love...

Back in middle school, I went to international school in Europe. International school is filled with a bunch of spoiled rich kids. (It cost over $100 a day just to go there. Bus service was like $10,000 a year.) I was only there because my parents work for the government, so we got school for free (thanks for paying your taxes!).

So these spoiled rich kids didn't like me very much. Not only was I smart (aka a nerd), but I didn't shop at the GAP. So as soon as I made a best friend, that very same best friend dumped me shortly thereafter. For example, one day I walked up to my best friend Taylor and said "Hey" to which she didn't respond (I have no idea why). That's right. She never talked to me again. This happened pretty much every year I was there, and when I finally made a real friend, I moved back to the U.S. Anyway, the point is, while some have been unlucky in love, I have been unlucky in friends.

What's most encouraging is that for my film, I spent 6 hours (my Friday night) helping some of the subjects in my film put on an event. I had fun and all, but when I came home I realized I'm not actually one of their friends. So that's how I spent my Friday night. And also why my hands still smell like garlic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home