Any College Student

Monday, June 26, 2006

Dreadful phone call

Right now, I'm temping for 3 weeks at a construction company. I'm the receptionist, and so far it seems like everyone loves me! (Why shouldn't they?!)

I answered with the standard greeting when the phone rang this morning: "Good morning, [company's name]"

"Hi, is this anycollegestudent?"

"Yes, it is..." (?)

"This is (I don't remember the name) from the temp agency."

All of a sudden, I got pretty nervous. This was the kind of unwarranted call I received last summer from a different agency, informing me that I was not invited back to work the following day, or to the temp agency ever.

"Oh, hi..."

Fortunately, they were just calling to check how long the assignment is for. Whew. I let them know about going out of town to see Dad for a week, and told them to call me first when they had any opportunities after that.

Life = still good. Stories about the company to come. When there are some.

2 Comments:

  • Why were you fired from your last job, was that the one at the phone company?

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 4:54 PM  

  • They didn't like me so they wrote down a list of things and told my temp agency. i.e. dress code, talked too much, inappropriate emailing... blah blah. I was their best worker.

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home