Any College Student

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Boring office girl

So, I very much slacked on blogging about my work experience. In addition, I forgot all of the ideas for posts. Except this one.

The office is in a two-story building which houses the company I work for and three others. It was a little awkward running into people I didn't recognize, because they never said anything to me. After working there for about a week, I noticed that there was a woman who was stealing all my routines.

During my lunch break, she was out in the lobby, sitting on a chair and reading a book. That's what I wanted to do! Whore. I brought my book over, smiled at her even though she wasn't looking, and started reading. I saw her look over at my book to try and read the title. Mine was about independent film. Hers was a trashy gossip novel.

She looked like the most boring person in the universe. She never got phone calls, she wore conventional and super-boring office clothes, and her hair was just as quiet as she was. But in spite of all these undeniable flaws, she glanced at me as though she was better than me. I assume this was a form of her jealousy (no one is better than me).

For the rest of my temp assignment, I would go out and sit on the chair, reading my book. She read her book much faster, I can assume this is because she has nothing to do after work. I let her look at me uncomfortably as I sat in very unprofessional positions (i.e. taking my shoes off and sitting with my feet on the chair).

It got pretty bad when one day I walked into the bathroom as she was leaving a stall. MY stall. Bitch! I used it anyway, but I made sure to put a toilet cover on it.

4 Comments:

  • just think not much summer left and it's back to school. Is it your sophmore or jr. year? I finally woke up from "Shackingupville" to write some posts. so if you get time......

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 2:11 AM  

  • College is boring, and I am a man who has dealt with boredom. Highschool was wack, but not too bad. Maybe I'm just an anti-social guy, but if I could relive 8th grade and the summer afterwards it would be better than making love. Ah well, I'm content, but burned out. It's a strange situation when you're 18 and burned out, but I suppose that's part of being a real man. Perhaps it's got something to do with the fact that my generation is truly growing up a lot faster than our forefathers did.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 AM  

  • hey loosu vella illaya. vettiya irruntha eppadiyellam eluthitiruppiya. urupudiya vellayirunthat paru.thu thu thu[it is tamil version]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 AM  

  • Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.

    write term papers-essay writing help

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home