Any College Student

Monday, July 03, 2006

Worshipped by the office

The place I am temping for: everybody loves me. They want to marry me (well... in office terms. They want to hire me). But they can't, because the person I'm temping for is the boss' daughter. Oops! It's great to hear comments like these:

- "Christy never does that..."
- "Wow, none of the mail I got was misfiled!"
- "You already sent that mail?"
- "You answer every phone call?"
- "Wow, you keep the desk clean."
- "Don't get me wrong, I like her, but..."
- "That was fast!! It would have taken her weeks to do that... wait. She wouldn't have done it at all."
- "It's not a question of when she would do that. It's a question of if she could." (This is in reference to photocopying. Wow)

All of these comments have led me to one conclusion: in the work world, "over-achieving" simply means that you do the bare minimum.

When you do something extra, people get confused.

2 Comments:

  • Master, you teach me so much.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 7:56 AM  

  • well now you have the problem of living up the standard that you have set, which could prove to be tricky :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home