Any College Student

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

100 Things List

Well, Intern Andy did one, and here I sit.

Mission: 100 Things List
Result: The following list

1. I have never wished I was blonde
2. I have probably drank [regular] Coke less than 10 times in my life
3. I think the majority of Americans are stupid/insensitive
4. I am afraid of making choices
5. I am afraid of speaking my mind because I'm not sure if my opinions are well-founded
6. I am often over-critical of others
7. Probably of myself, too
8. I lived in Belgium for 3 years
9. I speak French - but I think I'm losing it... :(
10. I always wanted to be popular in middle & high school
11. I used to be a leader, but now I'm more of a follower
12. I ate dog food when I was a little kid
13. I'm afraid of becoming like my mother
14. I wish I lived with my father after they got divorced
15. My dad could have told the court something that would have given him custody
16. The thing he could have said is a secret that I've never told anybody
17. In fact, I've never even told anybody that the secret existed
18. Sometimes, I'm an incredibly greedy/selfish person
19. One example: one reason I don't want to have kids is because I don't want to sacrifice my "life" to raise them
20. I'm afraid of having a life that won't have any significance
21. My favorite TV show is Desperate Housewives
22. My favorite people are the ones who can make me laugh
23. I hate it when people are excessively formal, and judge others who aren't the same
24. These are the things I wanted to be when I was younger (in the best order I can remember): [general] doctor, brain surgeon, teacher, Olympic figure skater, actress, director
25. I have no idea what I want to do with my life now. It scares me
26. I always wanted to fall in love. Now that I am, I sort of miss being alone (pining for people, etc.)
27. I have never put ketchup on a hotdog
28. I used to pretend I was a British girl at a boarding school
29. I am allergic to sulfa drugs
30. When I found out that I was half Norwegian, I checked out a book on Norway from my school library but never read past the first page
31. I think I used to be a lot smarter for my age than I am now
32. The first time I played soccer, it was to impress a boy I liked. He didn't notice.
33. My old dog's name was Jackie Harrison Blue. Harrison came from the last name of my preschool crush
34. I have never worn toe socks
35. When people do things like trace the outline of my shoes, I act like I don't notice because it feels good and I don't want them to stop
36. I'm a lot more shy than I act
37. One of my biggest fears is to be poor
38. I say I'm agnostic because I'm afraid of thinking that God doesn't exist
39. I have a book list that's 18 books long
40. I have a movie list that's more than 27 movies long
41. I am intimidated by outgoing people and large groups of people
42. When I was less than 5, me and my brother threw rocks over a fence and broke our neighbor's bathroom window. When my mom found out about it, she told us that the Devil had told us to do it
43. I hate it when flowers die, so my first boyfriend gave me a fake rose
44. I can see through the whole "romance" idea, but I can't get away from it
45. For my mom's birthday, I used to make her desserts. To make it special, I would make desserts that weren't just "chocolate cake" but something from a gourmet cookbook
46. I miss doing theatre things because it makes you busy and important yet part of a team
47. My mom is a continual source of embarrassment/anger for me
48. The worst gift I ever got was from one of my best friends
49. I keep thinking that someone's going to take notice of my wonderful talents, but I don't really have these "wonderful talents" so it makes sense that they don't
50. I like the taste of cough syrup
51. I like the smell of gasoline
52. If I ever found out I was adopted, I don't think I would look for my birth parents
53. I think the prettiest I ever felt was at prom
54. I don't know if I want to grow up, but I do know that I wouldn't want to go back to any other age. I think people forget that every age has problems with it.
55. I'm sometimes afraid of the dark
56. Foods I can't stand: onions, peppers, nuts
57. Falling in love is much more exciting than being in love
58. Of all the guys I have ever kissed, I've only actually liked three
59. Even though most of them weren't my friends, I miss the people from my high school
60. I make pancakes. They are my thing. Like how your mom might make the macaroni and cheese or whatever. PAN-CAKES
61. Even though I always ordered the same thing, when I was a kid I always read the entire menu before I could place my order at McDonalds
62. I have been in four car accidents
63. I faked an injury in one because I was jealous that my brother (who actually got hurt) was getting a lot of attention
64. Similarly, my brother once got hurt in his sleep (somehow?) and I heard my mom comforting him, so I hit myself on the head and went downstairs crying, too
65. I still kind of want to be famous
66. Hottest actor: Johnny Depp
67. Hottest actress: not as hot as Johnny Depp
68. I hate kids. (another reason I don't want to have any)
69. I suck at video games and I hate playing most of them, because I hate dying in them
70. I've been to England, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands (Holland), Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Tunisia, and Canada
71. My favorite place: home
72. My favorite of those countries: Italy
73. When I was a kid, I was really skinny so adults always seemed to be thinking that I was anorexic or something
74. I wasn't, and they bugged the hell out of me
75. I have always been self-conscious about my boobs, and in middle school the most popular kid in school turned to me one day and said "You're flat"
76. I love capitalism. It's so fun
77. I have cried because a song actually touched me that deeply
78. Before my mom married my stepdad, she asked us kids if we were okay with it.
79. After they got married, I told my mom I didn't want her to be with him anymore because he had said something mean to me, and I was very mad when she refused to divorce him for me
80. I repeatedly would ask my mom if she loved me or my stepdad more, and she would always say she loved us the same. One day she said she loved him more
81. I don't get embarrassed easily
82. I do get hurt (emotionally) easily
83. When I was in kindergarten, I was running on a wet floor and fell directly on my tailbone. It's now out of place
84. I am jealous of other peoples' talents
85. I used to have a lot of stuffed animals, and each one had a name. One time, unknowingly, I named a stuffed animal the name that ended up being printed on the tag.
86. I had my adnoids removed when I was 2 years old
87. My parents have been divorced since I was 3
88. I went to see a psychiatrist once who kept trying to tell me that I was resentful of my father, when in fact (if it's not already apparent), I'm more resentful of my mother
89. The first time I rode a plane, I was 5
90. I get stomach aches a lot and I don't know why
91. I speak French
92. I have been to Disney World at least twice, but never Disney Land
93. I don't believe in the 3 (or is it 5) degrees of separation thing
94. I don't own a credit card
95. I've never had mono
96. I don't have the patience to read the newspaper, but I want to be up to date on current events
97. I wear my clothes WAY more than one time before doing laundry
98. The only reason I polished my nails was to get myeslf to stop biting them
99. I've only gotten my hair professionally styled once (for prom)
100. I heart you


That took soooo long. I changed my mind. I hate you all.

6 Comments:

  • #64 cracked me up.

    What was the gift in 48?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 PM  

  • #90 and #8 are the same thing. I want my money back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • Yeah, you repeated... so, uhm, I demand two more or a sandwich... ooh nevermind I want pancakes!

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 3:46 PM  

  • Hokay, changed #90. I did the list in like, 5 separate sittings so I forgot what I wrote.

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 1:06 AM  

  • A few comments on your list
    #5 & 97 I relate to those both very well.
    #37 I've been poor. It's not as bad as you think but it is kind of a pain in the ____.
    #53 write a post about that! Was it fun?
    #94 I'm impressed. Let's see how long you can keep saying that.

    I enjoyed your misadventures at work. My new post is also about work so when you get a chance write a comment :)

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 5:05 PM  

  • What are adnoids? Interesting list. I feel boring. Maybe I'll make one. Nah, too lazy.

    By Blogger emma5, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home