Any College Student

Sunday, June 05, 2005

But I'm not them!!

While I was coming home late last night, I kept thinking about my job. Nothing really normal about it, like what people I'll meet or whether it'll be boring or hard, but about how I might change into an American because of it.

The job is 40 hours a week, with regular hours. That means my commute to work will be exactly when other "9-5" people will be driving to work. I will be on the same schedule as the people we consider "normal." Isn't that sort of creepy? I resist it mentally, because I'm not the same as those people. But what if I turn into one of those?

It gets even worse when I realize: I am living at home by myself right now. That means I have to be "responsible" for all the house things: taking out the trash, making food, doing dishes, locking doors, turning lights off. It's like a glimpse of what young'uns today call "living on my own." So I was thinking about my work schedule and about when I should go buy groceries, and I realized: I'm going to have to go buy groceries when the other "9-5" people are buying groceries!

It sounds really stupid, but it scared me just a bit.

(I almost peed myself)

5 Comments:

  • Aww, baby! Do something weird... get out of the routine! Escape conformity! I love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

  • You can't be a nonconformist if you don't drink coffee.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 12:57 AM  

  • ah, but I won't have TIME to escape conformity!! I already went grocery shopping and MADE myself dinner!!

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 2:47 AM  

  • Dude, I already make/buy my own meals, go grocery shopping, take out the trash, do the dishes, lock the doors, set the alarm, and pull down the shades. It's what some young'uns call "chores."

    Plus I have a day job, but you won't see anyone calling me normal.

    It's hotT that you almost peed yourself, though. It would be hotTer if you actually did. Don't be ashamed. Let it out baby, and then let the ass-raping begin!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • Well that's what I'LL be doing too. But we both know I'm not one to resist being raped... by you OR by society

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home