Any College Student

Monday, May 23, 2005

Big, big loser

I have had zero luck today. I have been looking for jobs ALL day, starting with going to one of the places I applied at last week, finishing with online searching. It's hard to do this and not feel like a big, big loser. Of course I felt really intimidated at the mall today, and more "at home" on the internet, sending emails like a big, big loser. But of course being online only made me more discouraged. That is where I found out that in order to be an administrative assistant (basically, a secretary), I have to have five years of experience. Now, let's be fair. If I have no experience, or less than a year of experience, how am I ever going to get a job that will give me the experience I need to get a job? Huh?

The other extremely annoying thing is that as I complained to my dad on the phone, he said he would have been able to get me a job - I even could have worked for HIM, since he fired his assistant a while ago! But no... I am here.

Well, I guess this big, big loser is going to go back to being a waitress asap. *sigh* If they take me back.

5 Comments:

  • I just realized your current away message is "Going to Hawaii tomorrow..." etc. blah blah blah.

    If "going to Hawaii" doesn't spell out "big, big loser"... I don't know how to spell.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 AM  

  • And you don't know how to spell. Or pronounce words correctly. So it all works out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • "If I have no experience, or less than a year of experience, how am I ever going to get a job that will give me the experience I need to get a job? Huh?

    ... as I complained to my dad on the phone, he said he would have been able to get me a job - I even could have worked for HIM"

    Yeah, um, that's how you get the experience. That's how I'm spending my summer, at least. My fucking dad's office.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

  • I meant at least I'm NOT doing that...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 PM  

  • You should give radioactive jizz a chance. It's jizz just like any other.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home