Any College Student

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Road Trip: 100 questions

So, today has been a wild wild day. I woke up after maybe 11-ish hours of sleep, sat around, watched TV, etc. Yes, and then something magical happened. I got The Sims 2 on ebay. Oh yes. The addiction I harnessed years ago may be coming back. oooh the joy of computer games.

So my mom came home today. She flew down to Texas on Tuesday to drive my late grandfather's wife (my mother's stepmom) home in time for his burial here on Tuesday. So the ladies had been driving non-stop for maybe 4 or 5 days? I'm not exactly sure. Anyhow, driving across the country gives some interesting stories no doubt. I mean, don't they have movies where people are driving across the country and all sorts of cool stuff happens to them? So at dinner, I believed my mom when she said "We sure have a lot of stories to tell later!" and then my belief in my mother was ruined when the only stories she told were about bathroom breaks at rest stops and the food they ate one night. Yup.

I particularly enjoyed the part where she said "Oooh it was great, we played 100 questions!" and I was thinking of 20 questions, so I asked to make sure I was understanding and apparently, 100 questions is where you just ask 100 questions about the other person: "How many siblings do you have? What are their names? etc." Basically, a game that makes you learn stuff that interesting/normal people find out by having conversations.

The best part was when my mom came to say goodnight to me while I was watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives. She said "I'm so tired... could you tell at dinner? I was just so tired, I was talking about anything I could..."

So, we could have just enjoyed our dinner in silence? Yup. My mom had nothing to say. And for some reason, that wasn't ok. I heart adults!

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger emma5, at 1:02 PM  

  • Aw, Sims 2. So addictive. Ha, my mum is the same, you think the story might be going somewhere, but really, it's never going to happen. Love her though.

    By Blogger emma5, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home