Any College Student

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Having a pet is a full-time responsibility

I met this boy a while ago when I was drunk, and for some reason we exchanged phone numbers. Whenever I run into him at school, we stop and say hi, then say we'll call each other sometime and hang out when something's going on.

Last night I went over to a friend's place and they said they were trying to start a party, so we should all call everybody and tell them to come over. First of all, I knew I would be looking super un-cool if I didn't have anyone to invite (all my good friends had either gone home for the night or were already with me) and second of all... well I didn't want to be the girl who says she'll call and then doesn't call. So I call this guy, Puppypants, and tell him there's going to be a party and he should come.

Puppypants comes and if his name doesn't give this away, he basically followed me around like a little puppy. I get that I invited him and he probably didn't really know anyone else, but I had no interest in tending to the puppy when I was actually having real conversations with people. He basically needed my full attention, which I never really gave him. Here's how he tried to get it:

- Asking me to make him a drink (Be a man; get it yourself)
- Asking me to dance while I'm in the middle of a conversation
- Asking me to dance two seconds after I just said I would when I was done talking
- Sitting on the floor in front of me and putting his head on my knee (like a PUPPY)
- Asking if he could sit on my lap

All this said, I feel bad for him... but maybe I'm tired of having to deal with people like that. If anyone gets to be annoying and beg for attention, it should be ME.

Also at said party I lost one of my fiances :( (But got a new one too)

1 Comments:

  • Hah! Welcome to being a senator! Now everyone will want to be your puppy.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home