Any College Student

Sunday, October 02, 2005

A link and some quotes

This is a hot hot site that I heart heart. Look at it, because if you don't you'll be sorry (that might be a threat, or just a friendly suggestion).

http://chasecuts.blogspot.com

Now, I have taken to writing down some quotes during class. Similar to note-taking, but somehow I find this more educational. Why? Because it makes me pay attention more. Anyhow, one of my teachers isn't that funny but that's okay. I get to make jokes at him, not the other way around as with some of my teachers... sad face. If I get enough quotes I'll start doing this every week.

Art History
- "We will start on time. That is my goal in life." (I think he was serious. I would pity him, but his life goals are easy!!)
- "Who made purgatory? I don't think it was like a chain gang from 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'"
- "Splendor comes not as a dietic supplement..."
- "If someone bites their thumb at you, you have to kill them on site like a gangster rapper."
- "If you drink the water in Florence [in the Renaissance], not only do you get dysentery, you get artistic brilliance!"

Here is a brief conversation I had with him in front of class...
Him: "L 12 are you here today?"
Me: "Right here"
Him: "Oh, I keep looking up there for some reason."
Me: "That's where I sat the first week of class. I moved so I could be closer to you"
Him and class laugh and interpret that to mean I have a crush on the teacher. End scene

Filmmaking
- "There's nothing more truthful than losing a sock."
- "You're so stupid you probably had to study for your pap test."
- (In reference to pirated software): "It wasn't stolen! It was liberated!"

Economics
- "If a bank wants you as a customer they do all those things, you know, like give you special donuts or whatever."

3 Comments:

  • I like your idea of putting in quotes from the teachers. I like the one about purgatory, because that's a very interesting topic that could fill a post and oodles of comments.

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 2:34 PM  

  • 2 things I'm putting you in my list of links. Secondly, you had made a comment later on about my 9/9/05 post about Other things I hate, and I was finally able to reply to that. Hopefully, you'll find it mildly amusing.

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 2:39 PM  

  • i hold my tongue.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home