Any College Student

Saturday, October 01, 2005

I'm so glad to be in college and not surrounded by idiots... yeah, about that...

M'kay, so let me explain something. I have a very common first name, and a very common last name. I have never minded that before. It's perfect because here at school, we have email accounts that are made from your first name and your last name. I have no problem with that. If my name is say, Jane Doe, my email address should be jdoe@college.edu. But what happens if there is a John Doe? His email should be jdoe@college.edu too, right? So you take Jane's middle name, Skencrapadore, and make her email jsdoe@college.edu. Some people might not think about this and end up sending some of Jane's email to John. Who cares? Not me.

However, over the last year, I've discovered that a LOT of my mail has gone to John. And it's always the important email about classes or work. For instance, I found out a week ago that I have not been receiving any emails whatsoever from my employer at the library, who was possibly in shock when I told them that my email was NOT jdoe@college.edu. Whatever, right? Well when I made it into Senate (yay, I made it!) I received an email that said congrats, training is on Saturday 10am-5pm, we'll let you know more in our next email. ... On Saturday morning, I still had not received that next email. ?! So I got ready for training, made a couple calls, and ran around campus for two hours before I found out that training had been cancelled. What?! Fine... So I emailed the Senate people and told them, my email is jsdoe@college.edu, and I did not get your emails before and I would appreciate if you would change my email address in your records so I can get your emails. This person wrote me back, apologizing and letting me know that they would correct the problem.

Then, last night (Friday), I found out simply by luck because I ran into someone, that training is today. What? I didn't get an email... um... so this nice person told me they would email me the information.

Look, it's an honest mistake. But when somebody writes, on a form, that their email address is jsdoe@college.edu, why in all hell would you email them at jdoe@college.edu?! Can you read? I am NOT impressed.

1 Comments:

  • senate is full of tards sometime. is shamarra still chair?

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home