Any College Student

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Men dressing up as women making out with men

Sometimes this school sucks. A lot. Like when maintenance doesn't fix your broken bathroom door, or when people are unnecessarily unfriendly, or when you feel so bogged down with homework that you can't do anything fun and you want to strangle yourself (or your books).

Then there are times when this school is absolutely wonderful. Like last night. The school used to be a haven for crazy artsy people, raging homosexuals, and party animals '60's style (think free lovin'). Now it's a haven for upper-middle class posers who think a degree from here means they will get ahead somehow. Or people who have a hard-on for spending their parents' money.

Last night was a good example of what I wish the school never stopped being. The little tradition of Cross Dress Cabaret was a good start. Men dressing up as women, lip synching to lady songs, donning fabulous dresses with shaved legs and plenty of eye makeup. Women in suit and ties, humping men who are obviously uninterested but will play with a woman's rack on stage all in good fun. Should not every night include a little cross dressing?

Since the women in my house got into the spirit and dressed up (not as men, but as sexified women), I followed their example without knowing that the vast majority of the audience would be wearing regular peoples' clothing. *sigh*

Anyway, standing around outside after the show brought a party invitation, which I took up since there was nothing else going on that sounded interesting. Now, as I arrived at the party, the one person there who I knew was leaving, and the rest of the people in the party were fabulous gay men and combat-boot-style lesbians. But hey, I'm game.

So I walk in and hope that my scandalous outfit (thigh highs, garters, short shorts, a bra and an open jacket) will help me fit in, despite my straightness. I think it helped. What's amazing is that the fabulous gay boys talked to the obviously straight people who were crashing their party, offered up drugs, and were generally fabulous. It may sound silly, but I had so much fun people-watching that I didn't care about the lack of straight men. And who doesn't love watching a hott gay boy in a dress I couldn't pull off make out with the entire room? Oh, the charsima of the cross dressin' seniors.

2 Comments:

  • You write another interesting post, L12.
    I have to say a few important things:
    What you are equals the way you act. I don't care for your friend (& I hope you stay friends with her too) calls me a "creep". Certainly, I paint a rather rough, old portrait of myself in my most recent post and I don't do anything creeplike at all, so she's way off base to say talking to 20somethings = creep.
    In fact the blog is something Ava reads too & she'll probably be turned off by it and perhaps talk less to me.

    Secondly, and finally, I hope you're not mad at me when I mentioned you in the recent post. But if you are, let me know, & I'll definitely stop that forever.
    Cordially,
    From "Nixon was definitely a damn crook, but I'm not a creep"

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 1:39 PM  

  • By the way, you suggested on my blog that I should bike. Actually, I did in the past (about a month ago) but the back tire blew out. I need the intertube and the tire itself replaced (because it's bald).
    Also, Ava is doing great and I had a nice lunch with her today at Potbelly's

    Hope college is fun!:)

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home