Any College Student

Monday, August 15, 2005

No rest for the weary. Good thing I ain't weary

After leaving my money-maker job doing my favorite thing imaginable (data entry), my mom took advantage of my free time and need for employment by offering a sturdy $10/hour to do research for a company she wants to start.

Basically, I'm getting paid to read. And the lucky thing is, I'm naturally a slow reader! Good deal, right? The catch is - sometimes I'm not all that keen on learning. It can get rather tedious. Luckily I get to log my own hours and use "company" time to "organize" (clean up) my "office" (bedroom).

The best part is that I don't get to see any of the money (or touch, smell, taste, hear it) because I owe my mom $2,000 so I'm basically working for free to pay that off. At least I'm not pulling weeds. I wonder if she'd pay me to do other stuff. I mean, being paid to read seems sort of strange. I read all the time. Maybe she should pay me to watch TV, too. And listen to music. If I can somehow tie it into research, maybe this could be a sweet deal.

Maybe blog writing too. I think I should clock in.

2 Comments:

  • Copy cat. That's what I did all summer. :-)

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 12:26 PM  

  • Blogs like this make me wish I were literate. Heart!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home