Any College Student

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I don't wanna grow up, cause baby if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R Us kid

How is my film going, you ask?

Well, since you asked, I'll share a little anecdote with you.

My film is a mockumentary (a la Best in Show, etc.) about my school. It depicts students being hit by water balloons from a moving vehicle, scantily clad students drinking heavily, a teacher teaching a student how to roll a joint... The person I use to play the teacher is my film teacher. We got some footage on Wednesday, and afterwards I gave everyone cupcakes. When I called her the next day to confirm the follow-up shoot, she said a lot of nice things about my film... and then spent about ten minutes asking me why she only got one cupcake. What? Here's how the conversation went:

Her: "I thought they were all for me!"
Me: "Well... they werent. I couldn't only give you cupcakes, there were other people helping me!"
Her: "Yeah well I thought they were all for me and I got really upset when I saw other people taking MY cupcakes. After you left, I had a meltdown. I had to get Fred to calm me down!"
Me: "I'm sorry. I didn't know you wanted so many cupcakes. But you'll get more, I mean we're not even done filming yet."
Her: "But I was really upset"
Me: "It's going to be ok. I couldn't only give you cupcakes."
Her: "I don't care about the other people, I care about my cupcakes."
Me: "Unghghngh"

... This is a teacher. This is my teacher. I think she may just be a Toys R Us kid, because she sure as hell hasn't grown up.

3 Comments:

  • that's golden.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 10:17 PM  

  • so will we get any access of this film? on the internet or something?

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 6:36 PM  

  • I'm going to try to get it up on the internet when I'm done editing and all that

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home