Any College Student

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sometimes the only notes I write in class are quotes

Art History
- "I don't know if it's dot com or dot org or dot... friend..."
- *turns on lights* "Ah! I can see again! Helen Keller no longer!"
- "If I were going to Austria, I'd be smiling now. But I'm going to Little Rock, Arkansas."
- "Those of you who turned your papers in on time, you're going to get a gold star. No, I'm serious. I'm going to go buy gold stars and put them on your papers."
- Student: "Joe, are you on DayQuil?"
Teacher: "No, I'm just trying to get through the day."
- "I know I created the environment, but I have to turn into an adult." (Or just go to Neverland? ehh?)
- "We have a lot to do today. And we're going to do it all. You may say 'No, Joe, it's too much - your voice, the material...' But I'm going to do it all."
- "This is like warm-up, it's like the Tonight show"
- "It turned out that there were NINE quattro senati, not four."
- *student's phone rings* "Ah, a former student calling to complain!"
- *slide doesn't show up* "One hopes there is a reason it is not coming forward..."
- *new slide, long pause* "Um... hopefully I have something interesting to say..."
- "My brother is a moderate Republican. There still are those, but he is one of six."

Economics
- Me: "Jamee, are we going to have another paper?"
Teacher: "Yes. Due Monday"
Me: "No... me equal sign [puts hands in 'equal sign' position] serious."
Teacher: "Ok, it's assigned on Monday, due after Thanksgiving."
Me: "Can we do our conference papers instead?"
Teacher: "No."
Me: "Can we do it instead of our conference papers?"
Teacher: "No... me equal sign [hands] serious."
-Teacher: "People try to make all kinds of correlations! The number of marriages in New York City and the production of bananas in Bolivia..."
Student: "Seriously?!"
Teacher: "... no... but... stuff like that"

7 Comments:

  • Yes, it's true what they said in your art history class about moderate Republicans. Moderate Republicans are ok, but the rest of them and their Reactionary ilk should take a long walk off a short pier.

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 10:52 AM  

  • What about crazy liberals? Long walk, short pier?

    By Blogger Dropout!, at 12:55 PM  

  • I say crazy anyone should get a long walk and short pier, but then the poor fish would have to deal with all the crazy people. Because sharks don't like the taste of crazy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

  • well I guess the point is that extremists are bad. When you stop being a conservative and start being a reactionary. Bad. When you stop being a liberal and start being a radical. Bad too.

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 6:43 PM  

  • I agree Vince... too much of one or the other can be bad. I mean... take pride in whatEVER you are... but when it is to the extream, it can definetly put people off.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:25 PM  

  • Martin Luther King was pretty radical, don't you think?

    By Blogger Dropout!, at 12:45 AM  

  • Ignore my previous comment, I don't want to get into anything.

    By Blogger Dropout!, at 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home