Any College Student

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Has the world gone b-a-n-a-n-a-s?!

Well, Ripsy discussed Gwen Stefani in one of her latest entries and to be honest, it has been on my mind lately. I meant to write much... longer ago...?... about this terrible terrible event.

On one of my first days home for the summer, I was excited. I was driving my car again. I was breathing fresh exhuast, feeling the prickling chill of my hometown in early summer.

Something occurred to me.

In my college, located somewhere, I don't listen to the radio. I don't know the good stations, and I don't listen to them. It's kind of a statement about me. Called "I don't seek out information." Well? That means I don't know any of the hip, cool music young folks are listening to these days.

Imagine my surprise when I thought to myself "I wonder what those whippersnappers are into now" and turned on the radio to hear this:

Ooooh ooh, this my shit, this my shit
Ooooh ooh, this my shit, this my shit
Ooooh ooh, this my shit, this my shit
Ooooh ooh, this my shit, this my shit

Let me hear you say this shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(This shit is bananas)
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Again

This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

...
Let's just say I wasn't sure what had happened since I left the radio world. I felt like Brendan Fraser in Blast From the Past. THIS is what's been happening since I left? Oh No.

And I haven't quite recovered. I liked bananas (the fruit). Now, I just don't know.

4 Comments:

  • Every time during breaks when I would either turn on the radio or "The MTV," I would get a mini-culture shock. It's a good thing I hardly pay attention to those things even when I am at home, because most of this shit is bananas.

    It's also shit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 PM  

  • Oh, and props on the hip, timely movie reference. That was what, five years ago?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 PM  

  • Y'ever rent a movie that was released a while ago but there's this kind of awkwardness because you can't talk about it with anyone? Like, "I just saw Heat."
    "Heat? Didn't that come out like six years ago?"
    "Uh... I want to talk about it now."
    "No... loser!"

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 12:30 AM  

  • ok, then give me a better example from a movie that was released more recently.

    maybe the impressive part was supposed to be that i remembered that movie! YEA. even though it sucked!

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home