Any College Student

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Welcome, family! Let's all gather in the lovely parlor and have some hors d'oeuvres

Saturday is my grandpa's memorial service. Obviously, everyone is coming into town tonight and will be staying at my house.

Naturally, when I get home from work I notice that the house is clean, the lawn is mowed, weeds are pulled... all that.

Meet my mother: So pretentious that she needs to impress her closest relatives when they come visit by making sure the lawn is nicely trimmed. And making me clean things.

Now, I usually work on Saturday for a full 8 hours. And since I plan on making up the time lost on Saturday, that means I'll be at my place of work for about 11 hours next week. Keep in mind that my weeks were already 50 hours long. So while this week I only work 44 hours, next week I work 56 hours.

Maybe I should just sell myself to Wall Street. I can feel the grey hairs already!

2 Comments:

  • Normally I'd agree with the pretentious thing, but it is a memorial service.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 PM  

  • I don't know. When my grandpa died we had to clean the house. It's not really pretentious... what else are you going to do, mourn?

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home