Any College Student

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Don't shower on my parade. Or my clean clothes, either

Let me tell you a little story about responsibility.

I'll start by admitting that I'm not always all that responsible. For example, I've been meaning to clean my car for weeks, and to change the oil and get a service check for months.

But that sort of stuff is understandable.

What I don't understand is the following:

My mom is having her friend B-Dawg* and two 13-year old girls stay as guests in our home for a few days. Fine. Of course, my bathroom is the unofficial place that EVERY SINGLE GUEST uses to take their showers and do their dirty bathroom things. Why? I'm not really sure, since we have a full guest bathroom. And I really don't think I put out the whole "welcoming" vibe. Whatever.

So I wake up this morning to find that one of my "responsible" acts has been trampled upon. Yesterday I washed my clothes. I hang dry a bunch of my clothes so they won't shrink, so I hung them on my shower rod. When I went to the bathroom this morning I noticed that the two 13 year olds had hung their used towels on my towel rack and so I deduced that they had taken a shower.

Did they move my clothes off the shower rod? No. Did my clothes get wet from the shower? Yes they did.

I'll admit I made a mistake here. I began by talking about "responsibility" when in fact, this here is an example of "common sense." I apologize.



* This is a fabricated name... my mom isn't cool enough to have friends whose names end with "dawg"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home