Any College Student

Friday, July 15, 2005

Please sign here if you'd like to participate...

One of my “things” is that I want to be more outgoing. Y’know. Start things up, talk to people, basically just cause trouble. So at my internship, I suggested that the interns get together and hang out sometime. I don’t think they were too keen on the idea until jello shots were mentioned. We skipped being productive and went to a company barbeque where we all got into a conversation about checking out hotties, aka “window-shopping.” Luckily, a couple of random strangers found this conversation intriguing and we got to meet some rather strange* people who work in our company.

In continuation of the “start things up” theme, at my job-job (the paid one), everyone communicates through email. We use it like an instant messenger service. Officially, we only use it for work purposes, but most people (or at least me) use it to talk to people who are around the corner because we can’t talk during work time (as I found out from my supervisor…). Common topics are: male coworkers wearing g-strings, which of our coworkers are virgins (possibly to remain virgins until death), and the very annoying new hires.

So last weekend me and my work pal (we’ll call her Spodey) organized a party at her friend’s house and five or six work people came. So today I suggested that Spodey and a friend (we’ll call him Mr. Indifferent) have dinner with me after work sometime. Mr. Indifferent did not answer my email.

Now, in this scenario I’ll dub myself Duchess of Wild Assumptions, as I then concluded that Mr. Indifferent hates me and wants me to stop inviting him to do things. I emailed Spodey and she denied it, saying he’s simply a poor correspondent, and then finally she said something to him so I got an email back. Mr. Indifferent had thought that by not responding, he was giving his consent to go to dinner. Since when does not responding mean “That sounds fun”?**


*Why strange? They’re in the technical department. That’s all the justification I need.
** Should I attach a signature to my emails that says RSVP just to be clear?

2 Comments:

  • I am old fashioned and always require RSVPs... now make me tea.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 9:10 PM  

  • I do hate you. I couldn't bring myself to hurt your feelings, but I got over it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home