Any College Student

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

You can't carry my baby for me, I'm already pregnant

The story of:
How I was pregnant for a day

Actual words: "After work I want to talk to you about something"

From Mr. Boyfriend's perspective: "After work I want to talk to you about getting car insurance"
From his mom's perspective: "After work I want to tell you I got my girlfriend pregnant"

So he goes to work and she freaks out. Here are her facts to back up her point of view:
- A few weeks ago when I was at his house, I felt sick and my stomach hurt
- Since we've been fighting lately, he's been "acting differently" at home
- "Mothers just know"

So she starts freaking out and calls Mr. Boyfriend's older sister and tells her that she thinks I'm pregnant, and Mr. Boyfriend's older sister (we'll call her Phoebe) and her start talking about what should happen. Here is roughly how the conversation went.

Mom: "Well L12 will still want to go to school... and so will Mr. Boyfriend. I could take the baby when it's born and take care of it."
Phoebe: "Yeah and I could carry the baby!"
Mom: "What? You can't do that..."
Phoebe: "Well Phoebe did it for her brother in Friends."
Mom: "This is a little different. The baby is already inside L12, you can't just take it out and put it in you."
Phoebe: "Whatever"

So when his mom finally sees him after work, she's all freaking out to hear what he wanted to talk about and he's like "What? Mom, I just wanted to talk about getting insurance for the car."
"So L12's not pregnant?!"
"WHAT?! NO!"

10 Comments:

  • Wow.
    1) Is Phoebe retarded?
    2) Wow.
    3) Congrats on being pregnant.
    4) Name it after me.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 4:52 PM  

  • I was pregnant once. I cracked the baby's skull in, sucked out its brain, and pulled its limp body out of my own body.

    Just kidding.

    I had a doctor do it.

    Just kidding again.

    He was only in medical school.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 PM  

  • I was getting to that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 PM  

  • Hahah, don't you love how mothers jump to conclusions?

    By Blogger MEP, at 1:38 PM  

  • I've never jumped to a conclusion in my life.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 9:19 PM  

  • By the way, L12, I'm not one to dash off cheap compliments, but that was probably one of the best, most interesting and entertaining posts I've seen in awhile.
    Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Qualityservice44, at 11:12 PM  

  • It's a mat, with different conclusions on it, that you can jump to!

    -Granny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 AM  

  • And he totally does.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • I once killed a cat though, doesn't that count for something?

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 8:53 AM  

  • Brilliant post. So funny. Love mothers.

    By Blogger emma5, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home