Any College Student

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Why did the rabbit cross the road?

On my way home from work, I was sort of stunned by the sight of a little kid (maybe between 9 and 12 years old) flying by on the sidewalk driving what looked like a miniature motorcycle. I felt like I should swerve out of the way, since the kid was heading the opposite direction of my car and on the wrong side of the road. I couldn't quite figure out what the thing was, but it was definitely powered by a motor. Shouldn't this kid have a license or something to be driving? I know it's not a car, but still... And it was especially funny because usually when I see people outside, I think "good for them, they're outside enjoying the fresh air" but all I could think about was that while the kid was outside, he wasn't riding a bike or on rollerblades or something - he was simply sitting on something. Don't we have enough problems getting kids to exercise with computers, video games, and TV taking over our lives? And now finally when a kid does go outside to play, they're not even doing anything except sitting on a pretend motorcycle. Buy your kid a treadmill, idiots.

On the way to the movies, I was stopped at a light and saw a rabbit start crossing the street while the oncoming traffic approached. I was really sad because it looked like the rabbit was going to meet with a few wheels before it got out of harm's way, but after a few very close calls, the rabbit made it to the other side. The best part was that after a few moments, I realized the rabbit had been crossing exactly where the crosswalk was. Maybe the rabbit was smart after all but just not tall enough to press the button to trigger the crosswalk light.

3 Comments:

  • Rabbits are dumb. Look at filler bunny. Don't get my reference? Look.it.up.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 9:58 AM  

  • They don't need to waste money on a machine to walk in place, idiot. Just make the lazy bastard walk to school, or to stores to run errands, or both. (I can get away with calling people lazy now because I'm not. Anymore.)

    I liked the rabbit thing, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • Well a treadmill ties in with the whole "technology" deal so at least the kids might feel like they're getting a cool new toy. Who likes to be old skool?!

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home