Any College Student

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

They can take our club, but they cannot take our dignity! Perhaps because we never had dignity

Let me preface this post by saying that I get into arguments with people about treating girls and boys the same, about social conditioning and gender construction all the time. I am constantly offended and struggling with the double standards faced by both men and women in this culture.

That said, on the nifty college networking website, facebook.com, I created a group with my friends called "Women Belong in the Kitchen or on their Knees." Why? Because it's so damned true. Okay, while I might not actually believe its truthfulness, I enjoy satire. Why? Because only people who have a grasp on the concept of "wit" can understand it. And those are the only people I wish to be near. Hence, satire abounds.

The problem is, there are a lot of people who do NOT have a firm grasp of this "wit" of which I speak. And those people, for some reason, are also allowed access to the internet. It is for this reason that "Women Belong in the Kitchen or on their Knees" was stolen from under us (under our knees...? OK, that was a cheap shot) and the group's founders were sent emails notifying us that we would be removed from facebook if this happened again.

I think us people who possess a sense of humor should have our rights restored.

That said, I'm off to go bake a pie for a man to eat and iron his clothes!

1 Comments:

  • You know, it's really quite silly. People are so up in arms about the dumbest bullshit. I am sorry they took your club and threatned to remove you from the facebook, but he'll be even sorrier when we firebomb his house.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home