Any College Student

Monday, July 25, 2005

It may be time to run away...

So, I haven't talked much about Old Bitch, but a lot has been happening with her. If you don't remember, Old Bitch is the woman my grandpa married right before he died. And she's insane. Seriously.

My mom goes to visit her every week or so, and found out that she's supposed to be taking medication for manic depression and schizophrenia. YAY!

She says the craziest shit. I'm not kidding. When my mom went to visit her yesterday, she asked her about the yard, because Old Bitch hadn't been taking care of it. Old Bitch claims that she had people come by to take care of it, and they brought the goat with them to help mow the lawn.

Mom: "The goat?"
Old Bitch: "Yes. You know, like the animal."
Mom: "What would a goat do?"
Old Bitch: "Oh, it helps them!"

Okay? But besides saying weird entertaining things like that, and thinking my grandfather is still alive (she bought two tickets to Greece and wrote him a letter at the hospital...), her strange behavior has become somewhat... sadistic.

The last time my mom visited, she noticed that a picture on the piano had been turned to face the wall. It was a picture of my aunt. When she visited yesterday, my aunt's picture was entirely removed, and another picture was facing the wall. It was a picture of my uncle. But, scarier still, my stepdad went over to look at some of the pictures. One of them was of my mom, her sisters, and their husbands from when they went on a cruise together. Old Bitch had cut the faces of my aunts out of the picture.

This seems like something that would happen in a horror movie. The scary thing is, it doesn't seem like something that would happen at the beginning of a horror movie; more like something from the middle. You know. Right before someone gets murdered.

6 Comments:

  • Someone's totally going to be murdered. My money's on Aunt Jemima.

    Shut up, I don't know the names of any of your aunts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

  • Well Ron's sister is named Jemima.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 6:35 PM  

  • dont worry derin, i invented sarcasm. it's not quite the same thing but a pretty good friend of cynicism. so i know what you meant

    By Blogger Jen Johnson, at 9:29 PM  

  • You hardly invented sarcasm.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 11:18 PM  

  • Hah! Thor gives splinters not sarcasm.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 12:04 AM  

  • Toilets were the downfall of the Roman empire. Silly lead plumbing...teehee.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home