Any College Student

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Puppie poo to the rescue!!

A few days before I left for college my freshman year, my mother was pissing me off. In spite of the fact that I was a poor high school student, about to be a poor college student, my mom made me spend ridiculous amounts of money on things like shipping my bedding to my school because she didn't want to check 2 bags at the airport.

Then, approximately two days before I was going to leave, she had a fit and insisted that I get a passport. Not only that I get one, but that I pay for it myself. Passports cost about $80. Thanks, mom! The cherry on top was that I wouldn't even be able to see it before I left for college - they take about two weeks or so to process.

**

Now, me and Mr. Boyfriend are going to his apartment for a few days. He lives about 20 minutes from Canada, and since we can't legally drink in the U.S. but we can in Canada, he thought it would be fun to drive to Canada one night for a nice dinner or something (plus drinks of course). However, we weren't sure if it would be required to have a passport, since we heard that the border crossing rules were changing. Mr. Boyfriend doesn't have a passport, but I, of course, have one (thanks mom!).

So I called my mom to ask her where the passport was, and she goes "What passport?"

"The one I got before school started?!"

"Oh, you got a passport?"

"YES, don't you remember?"

"Hmm. Well, maybe it got sent to you."

"NO. It was sent to you. Where would it be?"

"Try looking in my office..."

So I look in her office, find a folder with her passport in it, but not mine. Then I see a folder marked with my name, so I open it and find a bunch of college paperwork, my birth certificate... well it seemed like I was getting closer. However, I did not find my passport in this folder. I did find old things from my childhood, including a bound story called "Puppie Poo to the Rescue!!"

Interesting that my mom keeps that but not my passport.

4 Comments:

  • When's your spring break?

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 4:48 PM  

  • Now what does that have to do with puppies, alcohol, or Canadia?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 AM  

  • Thank you, my sentiments exactly Sabrina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • 1) I could come look at puppies with you over spring break
    2) We would definitely get drunk if I came for spring break.
    3) Fuck Canada.

    By Blogger Ripsy, at 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home